Monday, March 10, 2008

Creationism vs. Evolution

Ever since I was a little girl I have been brought up with the explanation that God made us according to his image. Because I was a little girl I just went along with what my parents and my teachers from church used to tell me. Now I can totally say that I believe in creationism because I choose to. Evolution is many theories scientist have made in accordance to how humans came to be. To me evolution is just theories that scientist come up with to explain their curiosities. As told in the bible God made this world in 6 days(Exodus 31:17) and then made man kind. I believe that there is such great power as God. I believe that with a blow he gave us the sense of breath. I do agree with natural selection, that is why I think that we are capable of adapting to our surroundings and that is why there is such diversity in the way people look and behave. But I just can't seem to comprehend how we supposedly evolved from a molecule or that chimps evolved into what we know today as human race. Evolution brings many questions to mind when I think about it. Like, If we did evolve from chimps what happened to all the fur or hair they had? Where did language come from? Why are chimps now in days not evolving anymore? To me it is much easier to believe in Creationism than evolution. Never in a world with such perfect order can it direct itself from the nothing without a powerful being to control everything that moves throughout the planet Earth and that is God. This is my point of view and I strongly believe in it because that is how it is stated in the bible.